Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No Sympathy for the Devil


From the Miami New Times

El Salvador Says No to Satan

It seems the El Salvadorians are not convinced by Jose Louis de Jesus Miranda’s claim he is the second coming of Christ.

Nor are they too happy about him traveling to their central American nation and encouraging folks to tattoo a 666 symbol on their bodies.

So unhappy are they with the 60-year-old, self-proclaimed anti-Christ and his Growing in Faith Ministry, they voted unanimously this past Thursday to make tattooing the mark of the beast illegal.
Jose Louis de Jesus Miranda is a Benny Hinn style fraud that is all the rage nowadays. He says the Catholic Church is a fraud and he claims to be Jesus. He preaches the whole "there is no sin" line common among Protestants.

The things about the tattoo reminded me of something really disturbing which aired on PBS a few weeks ago. It was the Rolling Stones' Rock n' Roll Circus, a concert film from 1967 featuring the Stones, the Who, Jethro Tull, Eric Clapton and John Lennon. The disturbing thing was Mick Jagger when he sang Sympathy for the Devil. He came out of this crouch, removed his shirt and had this big tatoo of Satan on his chest. Viewing that and the filty hippies in the audience really gave me the creeps.

It juxtaposed in a funny way by the breaks to the PBS telethoners, all advancing into their elder years, revelling in the "great music" with smarmy looks on their faces. Creepy. These are the lyrics to the Stones song:

Please allow me to introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year, Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ,
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate,
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But whats puzzling you Is the nature of my game

I stuck around st. petersburg, When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers,
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank,
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged,
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name,
oh yeah
Ah, whats puzzling you Is the nature of my game,
oh yeah


I watched with glee,
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades,
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all,
It was you and me

Let me please introduce myself, Im a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours,
Who get killed before they reached bombay

Pleased to meet you, Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But whats puzzling you,
Is the nature of my game,
oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah

But whats confusing you,
Is just the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal, And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer cause Im in need of some restraint

So if you meet me, Have some courtesy Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse Or Ill lay your soul to waste, um yeah

1 comment:

Thomas Coolberth said...

I'm sorry but I cannot take Scientology very seriously.