Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

Lenten Hiatus


I'm not going cold turkey but I've been lagging a bit in my Faith, so there'll be no posting for a bit.

Instead I'm going to do some things suggested by the site from which I shamelessly snagged the picture. From Fr Finelli's Lent Page:

I suggest the following as a few examples of what one can do to have a fruitful Lent.

  • Spend quality time in prayer. If I have no time set aside for prayer, I will make some. If I have some, I will give a little more.
  • Take time to go to daily Mass. Let Jesus in the Eucharist burn away all that is keeping me from Him.
  • Read the Gospel accounts of our Lord's passion and death.
  • Focus on overcoming at least one sin. Make a concrete decison and resolution.
  • Take advantage of the Sacrament of Penance. Throw yourself into the merciful arms of God the Father.
  • Attend the Stations of the Cross at your local parish.
  • Prepare for Sunday Mass by going over the readings the week before. (see the list below).
  • Do some works for charity. Work in a local soup kitchen, volunteer in your parishes, be part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.

No comments: