Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Footballer Appeals to Love


Goalkeeper Carlo Nash has appealed to his club Preston North End to allow him to join Fulham and be closer to his fiancee, who lives in London.

from Goal.com:

"It is up to the club now, Fulham have made the offer," the 33-year-old Nash told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"I am just hoping they can open talks and negotiate and everything is sorted out sooner rather than later. This is not doing me or my family any good."

Geography lesson: Preston is in the west of England, just north of Liverpool and Manchester. Fulham plays in the northern part of London.

Speaking of Fulham ... I saw Fulham play to a draw against Tottenham Hotspurs which means I saw Clint Dempsey's amazing debut in the English Premiere League. Starting around the 70 minute mark he made a great sliding tackle in a defensive role and then made a "cheeky" back heel flick to start the Fulham drive to tie the match up.

Looks like Coach Chris Coleman has confidence in the Texan.

I just added fellow American Brian McBride to my Goal.com fantasy team .. so count me as a Fulham fan. Last week I ranked 622nd out of 15000 participants in Goal.com's Premiere League Fantasy. Not bad for a Yank who has been following the Premiereship for a mere 5 months. Overall, I'm ranked about 2,000.

No comments: