Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

Subscribe to the New York Times, No Thanks


Got the ole mass mailing from the New York Slimes today, and on the five year anniversary of the day of infamy, Sep. 11. I'm going to print this picture and stuff it in their postage paid envelope and let them think about that. When they call, I go on a long verbal harangues against the editorial policies of that paper, against Maureen O'Dowd, Frank Rich, Anthony Lewis, Thomas Friedman and that whole gaggle of liberal toadies.

Speaking of a day of infamy, Tom Brokaw, that worthless, word-slurring drunk, was on Imus in the Morning wringing his hands about the new terrorism in America, of "rage against Muslims." What is it about Tom's misplaced sympathies? Tom went on and on how he didn't think folks in Montana could relate 100% to that horriffic morning five years ago but then caught himself and admitted that those folks enlist in the military at disproportionately high levels.

Tom wondered aloud why we haven't be attacked again. Well, Tom, have you been watching the news? How many more attacks have been foiled over the last 60 months? I've lost count. Mr. Brokaw wants to draw attention away from the fact that we sleep safe tonight due to the violent actions taken by men on our behalf, allowing us to slumber under the blanket of freedom. Now liberals may pee themselves underneath that blanket of freedom, but that's okay. Some will never acknowledge the sacrifices made for them in time of war and peace, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Oh, and another thing. It boggles my mind that we live in a time that liberal moonbats openly insinuate that the president of six months masterminded all these attacks . Others suggest that the attacks on the Pentagon and the foiled one on the White House were fakes. I had one such suggestion made to me in my own living room by a houseguest a few years ago. I will admit that I have never so wanted to beat someone to death with my own shoe as on that fine evening.

I offer a special prayer to Mark Bavis, BU grad, classmate and a scout for the Los Angeles Kings Hockey team who died five years ago. His disciplined and gentlemanly play for the Boston University Terriers from 1989-1993 was inspiring. His career was cut short as he boarded the early morning flight outta Boston headed for the West Coast five years ago. You know the rest of the story.

2 comments:

M. Alexander said...

Good post. We have seen the enemy and the enemy is the NYT.

Thomas Coolberth said...

Rob -
George Bush has done a horrendously bad job at protecting America. For instance, the illegal alien invasion has actually increased the past 6 years. I cite this due to the fact that on 9/11 we were attacked by illegal aliens. as far as the horny hillbilly: An embassy is technically US soil and one of ours in Africa got blown to smithereens and Clintoon did nothing. The US Cole was forced to refuel in a hostile counrty and got bombed for their trouble. Clinton continually backed down to the THREAT. Under President Clintoon Al Queda was able to establish their base of operations in the USA. Under Bush they have proceeded apace, we haven't seen the worst of it yet. Both presidents are deathly afraid of the THREAT.

Not sure where in my post I defended the president. Please quote me and I'll respond. I did state that he was prez for 6 months so he hardly had time to plan the attack as the moonbats insinuate. I'd say the gov't chock full of people who'd leak everything to the press in order to get away with something like that. Don't you agree?