Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

There's No Handshakes After an Abortion


Especially not for the baby who oftentimes has arms completely chopped off, the same arms which she used to use to suck her thumb (this one at 4 months)

From the Daily Mail in the UK:

Family doctor James Gerrard is one of a growing number of medical professionals who are refusing to refer women for abortion.

"Medically, abortion really isn't a popular thing to do, it is not a very technical or demanding operation and it's actually quite disheartening," he said.

"There's no handshakes or slaps on the backs afterwards, or the sense that you've done something great for someone. The best you can hope for is a sense of relief that it is over."

Dr Gerrard, a Catholic who is based at a GPs' surgery in Leeds, said two of the five doctors who work with him refuse to sign the legal form required for a woman to be referred for a termination.

"During the consultation I will tell them because of my personal views I cannot refer them to hospital for the procedure and they will have to speak to another doctor. I made my mind up on abortion before entering the medical profession.

"I am a Roman Catholic and my religious beliefs do form my moral point of view."

The next time abortion "rights" come up with someone I am going to quickly ask (with a smile) how many they're paid for. If the pro-abort is a female that I feel really deserves a jolt, I'll ask her how many she's had. It's fun to see people recoil to moral grounds regarding something immoral they support.

No comments: