Pages

Friday, October 27, 2006

Arsenal 0 - CSKA Moscow 1

In some Champions League action my beloved Arsenal lost and not without some controversy. basically, Thierry Henry (pictured at left) scored but the goal was rescinded and Henry was given a yellow card for "handball."

Now referees occaisionally get things wrong but this was flagrantly wrong. Immediately I said to myself, "This referee is on the take, he's a Latin." Then my eyes just scanned the article a little further and sure enough:

Henry himself insists the goal was clean and Spanish referee Manuel Enrique Mejuto Gonzalez was behind the play while his linesman was 60 yards away.

Call me a racist, whatever. I'll say this Spanish, Italian and Portugese football is unwatchable. The players dive constantly and the referees cannot tell right from wrong.

Now, Henry is one yellow card away from getting bounced out of the tournament. I smell a rat.

No comments: